We are committed to providing a professional and quality service to all our clients and customers. If something goes wrong along the way, we would like you to share your experience with us. This will help us to improve the service we provide to you and other clients.
If you have a complaint about any of the services we have provided, we ask you to put it in writing to Sheree Siljac the Director of Smart Properties & Investments Limited by email to smartproperties@live.
If you feel we have not sought to address your complaint within eight weeks, you may be able to refer your complaint to The Property Redress Scheme to consider.
What happens next?
- Once received, we will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three working days, enclosing a copy of this procedure for your records.
- We will then fully investigate your complaint. This will be dealt with by the director who will review your file and speak to the member of staff who dealt with you.
- A formal written report of the investigation will be issued to you within 15 working days of sending our original acknowledgement letter.
- If you are not satisfied following of our in-house complaint procedure (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) you can request an independent review from The Property Redress Scheme.
Property Redress Scheme requires a set of criteria which must first be met for complaints to be considered.
- The Agent/Professional must be a Member of the Property Redress Scheme – check the ‘Member List’. Please see our membership certificate here.
- The Complainant must show that a formal written complaint has been sent to the Member within 12 months of the incident related to the complaint occurring.
- The Complainant has allowed a minimum of 8 weeks for the Member to investigate the matter and respond fully.
- After the Member’s final response to the complaint or after the Complainant has waited 8 weeks from sending the complaint letter and the Complainant has not received a response, a complaint can be referred to The Property Redress Scheme within 12 months of the formal letter of complaint being sent to the Member.
To submit a complaint to The Property Redress Scheme you must fill out an online application. https://www.theprs.co.uk/Complain
You can download our In-House Complaints Procedure here.